Get your server issues fixed by our experts for a price starting at just 25 USD/Hour. Click here to register and open a ticket with us now!

Author Topic: How to fix cpanel easyapache failed YUM error  (Read 4183 times)

joseletk

How to fix cpanel easyapache failed YUM error
« on: April 28, 2018, 12:00:54 pm »
Solution : 1
Try running following commands

Code: [Select]
yum clean metadata
yum clean all

and then running easyapache.

Solution : 2

Easyapache requires package manager to be working properly and if found nay issues easyapache fails

First try running yum update command

yum -y update
If the above command fails then it seems to the RPM database corruption issue which can be resolved by running below commands

rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db.*

rpm -vv --rebuilddb

and update yum

yum update
Once yum update is successful try running easyapache which should work without any error now.

Solution : 3

If the first  solution doesn't work, probably you need to check the OpenSSL on server.

file /usr/lib/openssl/engines/libsureware.so from install of openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i386 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i686
file /usr/lib/openssl/engines/libubsec.so from install of openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i386 conflicts with file from package openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i686

The OpenSSLl errors are due to a i386 build package mistakenly being uploaded to the i686 repository by the CentOS team.

Just re-install OpenSSL using below command

rpm -e --justdb --nodeps openssl.i386
yum install openssl

Once installation is completed proceed with easyapache .

Most of the times issues arise due to packages with 32 bit and 64 bit. Always make sure to install correct packages as per the OS bit.
===========================================================================