Get your server issues fixed by our experts for a price starting at just 25 USD/Hour. Click here to register and open a ticket with us now!

Author Topic: "Index was outside the bounds of the array" in MS sql Studio  (Read 4143 times)

sajugovind

"Index was outside the bounds of the array" in MS sql Studio
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:00:45 pm »

I had an issue last week, While I am open SQL Server Management Studio and attempt to right click on ANY of my tables, I receive this error message:

Index was outside the bounds of the array. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

===========================================================>>

Index was outside the bounds of the array. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.BitStorage.SetBit(Int32 itemIndex, BitIndex bitIndex, Boolean value)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.AddObjectPropsFromDataReader(IDataReader reader, Boolean skipIfDirty, Int32 startColIdx, Int32 endColIdx)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.ImplInitialize(String[] fields, OrderBy[] orderby)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.Initialize(Boolean allProperties)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.SqlSmoObject.OnPropertyMissing(String propname, Boolean useDefaultValue)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.PropertyCollection.RetrieveProperty(Int32 index, Boolean useDefaultOnMissingValue)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.PropertyCollection.GetValueWithNullReplacement(String propertyName, Boolean throwOnNullValue, Boolean useDefaultOnMissingValue)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.PropertyCollection.GetValueWithNullReplacement(String propertyName)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo.Information.get_IsFullTextInstalled()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.ObjectExplorer.FullTextMenuHandler.GetMenuItems()
===========================================================>>

Solution:

Updating the client to either a newer version of SSMS, or with the latest patches for  existing version should make the error go away.

Reference: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2459027