Get your server issues fixed by our experts for a price starting at just 25 USD/Hour. Click here to register and open a ticket with us now!

Author Topic: Cannot log in to Parallels Plesk Panel web interface: "saved admin password is i  (Read 2801 times)

akhils

Hi All,

This is an error which happens when, the password in the file /etc/psa/.psa.shadow, which is used to access the Plesk database, does not match your admin password.

Error:  ERROR: PleskFatalException [Unable to connect to database: saved admin password is incorrect.]
=====
Resolution:
The database "psa" needs to be edited from back-end. Please follow the steps below... :)

1 - Make sure that option old-passwords = 1 is disabled in the /etc/my.cnf file.

2 - Obtain the correct Plesk password:

- # cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow
      eg: "$AES-128-CBC$XIhAAAAAAAAAA+tw==$85FWOUmg8AAAAAAAAAg=="

3 - Try to connect to the MySQL database and update the admin password:

- # mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa
      eg: mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('$AES-128-CBC......') WHERE User='admin';

Please Note: If you are not able to connect, enable skip-grant-tables in the /etc/my.cnf file, restart MySQL, then update admin password:
eg: [mysqld]
      skip-grant-tables

# /etc/init.d/mysqld restart
      # mysql -uadmin
      mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET Password=PASSWORD('$AES-128-CBC......') WHERE User='admin';

Also, please note: Do not forget to remove skip-grant-tables after that.

4 - Update the password for Plesk using the ch_admin_passwd utility:
        # /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password
        "password"
        # export PSA_PASSWORD=password
        # /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ch_admin_passwd

==================================================================
This will certainly reset the database credentials and later, restart the service "psa" as well as the service "mysqld".

That's it, Paralles Plesk panel should be perfectly accessible now :D :D  8) ;)

==================================================================

Thanks for your time,

Cheers... !!! :)